Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! Stats and Show Details
My name is Linh Pham and I am slightly obsessed with NPR's "Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!". Okay, with that off of my chest...
The Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! Stats and Show Details page started out as a very basic database that was used to collect interesting tidbits regarding Wait Wait shows that I heard on the air. Eventually, I became quite obsessed with the show and the database grew. I then decided to create a site to present all of the information that I had collected.
One of the inspirations that I had when building this site was mrk.'s Wait Wait Don't Tell Me Statistics Pages. I used some of the information from that page to fill in some of the information about shows prior to Peter Sagal becoming the show's host.
All of the information presented on this page was collected from various public resources, including the Wait Wait Don't Tell Me! website, information written down from the program's broadcasts, podcasts and archival recordings. Sometimes I find information regarding upcoming programs were obtained from information posted about upcoming live tapings, as provided by Chicago Public Radio.
What's New In Version 3.0?
What you see now is the third version of the site that now focuses on being more mobile/tablet friendly and providing features that had been requested over the years. The following new features have been implemented:
- You are now able to view information about each show individually, in addition to shows by each month and each year.
- When viewing shows for a given month or year, you can change the sort order to list newer shows first or older shows first.
- An additional field has been added to the page that will list where the show was taped. I don't have all of that information at the ready and it will be added over the next couple of months.
- Another new field lists which panelist's bluff was chosen by the listener and which bluff was the correct one. Again, I do not have all of that information at the ready and will be added over the next couple of months.
- In addition to the panelist scores, I have added (for the data that I have entered) the number of points each panelist started with at the beginning of the Lightning Fill-in-the-Blank round and how many questions each panelist answered correctly.
One of the more significant changes was to move the show description and notes below the host, scorekeeper, panelists and guests block. I wanted to put the focus back on to the panelists, guests and everyone else that is on the show.
Another significant change that I made was to move off the panelist statistics to its own page. If you click on the name of the panelist on the Panelists page, you will get to see the list of shows that the panelist has appeared on (excluding repeats and Best Of shows).